Saturday, May 12, 2012

Marriage has made me better

I realized something today that honestly made me so excited! (Yes I know,
"simple minds, simple pleasures") This morning Curtis and I were outside weeding some garden beds and got to talking about our families. We are lucky enough to live so close to almost all our immediate family members, keeping us pretty up to date with everybody.
Well Curtis was perceptive enough to notice a need a sibling had and made a suggestion for me, about how I could help. I was so glad to be able to help and so grateful Curtis clued me in. Then minutes later, I thought of and made a suggestion for him, for somebody else. He responded graciously, saying he hadn't thought of that. (I'm keeping this vague, I know.)
And I realized how blessed I am to have my sweet husband. We have such a happy, wonderful marriage. I truly am a better person because of Curtis. He makes me want to be better because he is so good and I want to deserve him. He makes me better because he loves me and helps me see my own potential. And he makes me better by lovingly giving suggestions as to how I can bless those around me. Hooray for marriage!
Yes, it is Mothers Day weekend, and I am so grateful for my incredible mama. But right now I'm grateful for my other half who helps me be the best mom I can be. Thanks for being so wonderful Curtis! I love you the most.
Today's happy: Curtis

1 comment:

  1. That is so sweet, and absolutely true. I am a better person because I have my husband and family to help make me better. We are not meant to do it all by ourselves.

    Much love to you both!
    Paige

    ReplyDelete