Thursday, February 16, 2012

Thoughts on my body

I've recently had this new insight..... Heavenly Father can truly combat any evil plan Satan may have. One of the devil's greatest tools is making women feel insecure, especially about their bodies. I know I'm not the only one who has had a hard time being okay with my body. I think it's safe to say that most, if not, all women have struggled with this.

But ever since I've had my baby I have been so okay with my body. This probably sounds strange since I've never been more heavy and out of shape (other than when I was pregnant). But I just have been able to realize how incredible my body is. I'm so blessed with such a healthy, capable body that has been able to create life!! What a miracle that truly is! And even still my body sustains his life since all that he eats my body provides for him. I'm so thankful for my body. What an amazing gift to have and to cherish. What a beautiful way to allow women to create. President Dieter F. Uchtdorf said this to women at the October 2008 Relief Society session of general conference:

"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before. Creation brings deep satisfaction and fulfillment."

How wonderful and loving is a Heavenly Father that provides that ability to create and to do something wonderful so that we can be happy about ourselves and our bodies! I love Him for that. Today's happy: my body.

1 comment:

  1. This is great Rach. As my body gets bigger and stranger I have to keep telling myself I'm growing a baby and that its a wonderful blessing!

    ReplyDelete